top of page

PCD distributes a proposal in improving improper Solid Waste Disposal Sites to LAOs

Updated: Jul 25, 2023

Pollution Control Department (PCD) distributes a proposal in improving improper Solid Waste Disposal Sites to Local Administrative Organizations (LAOs)

Mr. Pitaya Pramotvoraphan Deputy Director-General, Pollution Control Department (PCD), revealed that the number of activities related to Solid Waste Disposal Sites (SWDSs) in Thailand implemented by both public & private sector have been reached to 2,074 sites as of 2022. Among all the SWDSs, there are only 111 proper sites (5 percent), while remaining 1,963 (95 percent) are improper sites. This very high proportion of the improper SWDSs could be caused by a number of factors, including lack of budget, over-capacitated waste disposal, public opposition to the construction or operation of SWDSs, problems with law and regulation enforcement, etc.


Mr. Pitaya also stated that PCD has prepared a “Proposal in Improving Improper Solid Waste Disposal Sites” as a framework and guidelines for Local Administrative Organizations (LAOs) and relevant agencies to solve the problem. The proposal is in line with the first goal of the 2nd National Action Plan on Waste Management (2022-2027) in which 80 percent of Municipal Solid Waste will be properly managed by 2027. PCD has already submitted the proposal to the Director-General of the Department of Local Administration and relevant agencies for dissemination it to the provincial governor and related agencies in the area.


댓글


bottom of page